DSM-5 Co-Occurring Disorder Differential Diagnosis in Addiction 8/15/19
Date: Thursday, August 15, 2019
Time: 9:00am – 3:00pm
An examination of the major psychiatric disorders commonly copresenting with substance-related and addictive disorders.
1. Describe a typical, highly-functional human being.
2. Retain a general understanding of major psychiatric disorders other than substance-related and addictive disorders, their presentation, and treatment.
3. Describe typical presentations of mood, anxiety, personality, psychotic, and executive-function disorders.
4. Describe basic treatment strategies for these patients, including medications.
5. Distinguish common, prominent symptoms of mood disorders from similar symptoms in substance-related and addictive disorders.