COVID-19 Impacts to our Services:
Sadly, Counsel NOLA will be closing our Supervised Visitation program on July 27, 2020. Unfortunately, the barrier produced by the COVID-19 pandemic presented impossible challenges to continuing to provide these services. We know this is difficult news for everyone, but Counsel NOLA remains committed to helping our clients transition to new providers over the next six weeks. Referral information for other supervised visitation providers in Louisiana is being provided to clients. If you have any questions regarding the closure of the supervised visitation program, please contact Meredith Vizzini at 504-371-5512. It has been our privilege to serve you, and we wish you all the best in the future.
All Other Services
Counsel NOLA continues to serve clients through our other programs and is taking precautions such as:
- Wearing masks
- Encouraging clients to wear masks
- Asking clients to wait outside until their appointment time instead of in the waiting room
- Observing social distancing of 6ft as much as possible
- Increased cleaning procedures between client appointments at the office
Modern life takes a natural toll, and getting through can be a challenge.
Since 2014, Counsel NOLA has provided a variety of counseling services in the office, home and community to support individuals and families. The cost-effective and evidence-based menu of services we provide reflects our singular focus on helping individuals and families function better and improve their lives.
Along with assisting with the day-to-day challenges of individuals, couples and families, we have specialized experience addressing the needs of families in crisis or struggling through transition. Our services include:
- Homebuilders® Intensive Family Preservation
- Comprehensive Custody Evaluations
- Divorce and Family Mediation
- Parenting Coordination
- PCIT (Parent-Child Interaction Therapy)
- Substance Abuse Evaluations
- Individual, Couples and Family Counseling
- Group Therapy
- Professional Trainings and Workshops
We use techniques and treatments that have been shown to be effective and provide services that help keep parents out of court, away from Child Protective Services, and focused on the well-being and safety of themselves and their children. We strive to enhance each parents’ ability to make decisions, communicate effectively, and be more effective parents. We also teach a variety of skills to help children reach their full potential.
We structure our services based on the strengths and needs of each individual or family. Our approaches are supported by scientific evidence. Our Parenting Coordination, Supervised Visitation and Custody Evaluation services can substantially reduce the financial burden for families that would otherwise be subject to long, expensive court or legal intervention, not to mention the increased emotional cost to the family members.
Treatment enhancement techniques may include:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive/Behavioral Therapy
- Communication, Parenting, and Decision-Making Skills Training
- Trauma-informed Approach
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation
It is the Mission of Counsel NOLA to provide counseling, education and support to our community with quality programs, trainings, and services.